A native New Yorker, Andy Freedman began his undergraduate studies in engineering following his high school days at the prestigious Bronx School of Science. Although he later decided he preferred the challenges of the law, his engineering mindset has helped him understand technology-related clients' needs.
Andy practiced in the area of corporate law, although he began his career in litigation, representing clients in matters involving securities fraud, tender offers, breach of contract, enforcement of restricted covenants, municipal law, banking and labor matters, and airline industry issues. He was involved in legal matters related to Israeli-based companies and individuals and was involved principally in working on public offerings and private placements of securities, assisting in establishing for them a U.S. presence through acquisitions and directly, negotiating, licensing arrangements and joint ventures and handling litigated matters.
1968 - J.D., New York University
1965 - B.A., Political Science, New York University
Andy was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1969.
- Represented a major Israeli fuel company in carrying out acquisition strategy in the United States, including long term financing arrangements
- Represented a publicly traded Israeli company in the health care field in connection with the acquisition of U.S. publicly traded company
- Represented a publicly traded and private Israeli software companies in connection with sales to U.S. purchasers
- Represented an Israeli company, its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary and the directors and officers in securities fraud class action litigation and appraisal proceedings
- Represented U.S. and foreign subsidiaries of Israeli company in theft of trade secret litigation
- Represented an Israeli owned, U.S. based e-travel company in connection with multiple software licensing arrangements
Rankings and Recognitions
- Andy was the recipient of a Business Leadership Award in 2003 presented by the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in recognition of his knowledge, expertise and support of programs fostering trade and investment with Israel. He was also named one of New York's Top-Rated lawyers by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell in 2012.
Memberships and Activities:
- American Bar Association
- American-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (1995 - Present)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association